The Dark Figure
Small onyx figure of a nude woman
This item is activated with a simple arcana or religion ritual, DC:15 and sleeping with it in hand over an extended rest. Once activated the person is cursed with the item. It can be removed after death. It can be removed by a female Drow priestess. Other ways can be researched.
An Arcana or Religion check of DC:15 will alert you to it being a magic item.
An Arcana or Religion check of DC:20 will alert you to it being of Drow make.
An Arcana or Religion check of DC:25 Will alert you to its properties.
An Arcana or Religion check of DC:30 will alert you to its having random effects.
An Arcana or Religion check of DC:35 will alert you to its cursed nature.
*Grants the ability to speak and understand the language of the Drow.
*Grants Darkvision as a Drow
*Inflicts vulnerability 10 poison
*Inflicts vulnerability 10 phycic
*Whenever encountering bright light you are inflicted with the Blindness condition, save ends.
Roll once after an extended rest to see the items random property of the day.
1. -2 to initiative for the day.
2. +2 to initiative for the day.
3. -2 to hit for the day.
4. +2 to hit for the day.
5. -2 to dam for the day.
6. +2 to dam for the day.
7. Spending a 2nd wind dazes you until the start of your next turn.
8. You may spend a 2nd wind as a minor action, free if you are a Dwarf.
9. A natural 20 weakens you save ends; start ongoing 5 phycic damage save ends.
10. A natural 20 causes you to become insubstantial until the end of your next turn.
11. A natural 20 stuns you until the end of your next turn.
12. A natural 20 grants you a bonus action that must be used on the current turn.
This item was inspired by Karl Wagners short story “The Dark Muse”
The items description is from the same story. I make no claim to its authorship.